Saturday, February 20, 2010

Die Cutting Supplies

The first die cutting machine I got was a digital one, so I don't have a large collection of dies.  Before becoming a SU! demo, I only had Quickutz dies and Cuttlebug Embossing Folders.  Now I have Sizziz, sizzlets, Originals and Bigz dies so more storage method for these will evolve.  For now here is how I store my dies.
I keep all my platforms, cutting pads, Texturz Plates and large dies in this basket on my Expedit book case.  I'm sure I'll have to change this method as my collection grows.

I use this Quickutz All-in-one Binder to store all my thin dies and embossing folders.  This binder then goes on the Expedit book case.

I couldn't find anything to fit my embossing folders that fit in this binder so I took regular sheet protectors you would get at an office supply store, cut then to size from the top opening, then used a melting tool to create a seam.

For the smaller embossing folders, sizzlit dies, and embosslit dies, I cut reguular baseball card holders to size.
I bought the Quickutz magnetic sheets for this binder to hold my cookie cutter and other thin metal dies.  I like how easily it is to see which ones I have.

These 2x2 alphabet dies came with the holder, but you can purchase more.

They also have 4x8 die holder sheets.  They have 4x4 ones too, but since I only have 2 dies that size, I've just been using these 4x8 ones for now.

And finally they have ones for your border dies.  Each border die holder has 3 slots, 1 for wide border dies and 2 for the regular ones.  My only beef is that all my dies are wide so my top slots are empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment